How to make the most out of quickies
Don’t have a lot of time but want to get a little down and dirty? Let us introduce you to the world of quickies.
Now, we’re all for those long, slow, and intentional sexual sessions. But sometimes you have a limited amount of time, and desire waits for no person!
Ahead, we’ll get into what a quickie is, and some sex tips to get you started so you can make the most out of your fast and furious sex sessions.
What is a quickie, exactly?
A quickie is precisely how it sounds: it’s a relatively short, intense sex session. Less fuss, more pleasure. It can be 5,10, or 15 minutes, from start to finish. And we do mean start to finish, including touching up makeup and tying your shoelaces before getting on your way.
Quickies can actually be a really great way to make your sex with a partner better. There’s something about the urgency (and the thrill of maybe getting caught, if that’s your thing) that can crank up the desire and passion, even in a short time.
Quickies aren’t exactly made to last longer but they do work well for moments to fast and beautiful fulfilment of high sex drive and desires, and even rebuilding intimacy with your partner. You’re able to share this high-speed impulse-driven with another person and get to know them on a different level.
Sex tips to make the most out of your quickies
If you haven’t tried a quickie before or are looking to make them feel better for you, we’ve got you covered with some sex tips below.
- Start foreplay long before the quickie. Send a sext. Flirt. Makeout beforehand. Whatever your foreplay style, start it well before you engage in a quickie. This technically satisfies the long and slow element of sex by developing that build-up.
- Use lube. We can’t recommend this enough because if time is of the essence, you don’t want to have any obstacles to get to your finish. Try K-Y® Lubricant - Naturals Moisture + Intimate Gel*. Our water-based formula has no added fragrance or colours. It moisturizes your intimate areas for smoothness & comfort.
- Pick the best location for your quickie. It’s a tried-and-true spot for a reason but we think having a quickie in the shower is one of the best spots. Not only is it sexy but it’s also functional. Your quickie location is very important. Whether that’s in a bed, on a couch, or wherever you’d like, pick a spot conducive to your fast sex sesh.
- Pick your sex positions ahead of time. Are you more of a doggy style person or is missionary your go-to? Whatever the case, keep it simple, pick your favourite sex position, and have fun with it.
- Keep sex toys nearby. We don’t always think an orgasm is the goal of sex—there are a lot of other reasons to have sex—but if that’s something you do want at the end of your quickie, keep some sex toys nearby. These can help you get to climax faster, depending on how your body engages with sex toys, and make the whole experience really fun.
*Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the product label.