Heat up couples masturbation with these 5 tips
Going solo has long been part of one’s sexual repertoire. It’s easy, fun, and you’re right there with you, so you know it’s going to be good. But consider this: masturbation in your couple for a low-stakes, sizzlingly hot sex romp.
Mutual masturbation can be just as sexy and fun as penetrative sex. It can be a good way to spice up fun in the bedroom—you and your partner both watching each other come to climax without even touching.
Here, we’ll go through what mutual masturbation is and some key sex tips to make it enjoyable and last longer.
What is mutual masturbation?
Mutual masturbation is exactly what it sounds like: a couple (or more, sometimes) masturbating with each other. Masturbating with your partner can be great if you’re—and no judgement because we all do this—feeling a little tired and wanting to have a chill sex experience.
For pregnant people who want to get off but may not prefer penetrative sex, especially later in the pregnancy or even postpartum, mutual masturbation is a great option.
Mutual masturbation doesn’t always have to be in person to be considered as such. People often participate in such play during calls, both audio and video. Some may want to be in different rooms but talking through the masturbation, hearing their partner get off, too. It all depends on one’s preferences.
5 tips for sizzling couples masturbation
Masturbation is a great part of foreplay but it can (and sometimes should!) be the main event. If you’ve never tried a couple’s masturbation this way, read through these tips to help get you going.
- Talk about it. Like all things involving sex, talk to your partner about it first. Talking through your desires is a great way to strengthen or rebuild intimacy, especially if it means trying something new. Masturbation can feel like an intensely private act for some people so talk about it to keep each other comfortable.
- Go extra slow. The body heat from a sensual build-up is one of the sexiest things on this earth. Consider this like extended foreplay to keep up the momentum. Go slow, and be deliberate.
- Use sex toys. Sex toys can be an integral part of a couple masturbating together. What if you both use sex toys? Vibrators, perhaps, or a dildo that’s generously lubricated with K-Y® Lubricant - Naturals*.
- Switch up positions. Consider where you are, if you’re together in-person, and how you’d like to climax if you’re doing a couple’s masturbation. Do you want to lay side-by-side? Try masturbating while being in your favourite sex position but without your partner. Ask them to do the same.
- Be educational. If you’re into it, tell your partner what you’re doing, how it feels, and vice versa if they’re up for it. Primarily, mutual masturbation feels great and it’s fun, but it can also educate your partner on what you like and what feels good.
*Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the product label.