3 Techniques To Stimulate the Clitoris

For the majority of women out there, we require a little extra tender love and care to experience an orgasm. While some women do have orgasms from vaginal penetration alone, this is not the norm. In fact, a 2018 study on women's experiences with sex and pleasure found that only 18% can orgasm from direct penetration alone while the remaining 82% need clitoral stimulation to orgasm.

With over 8,000 nerve endings located in the clitoris, this sort of stimulation can be a powerful experience resulting in a mind-blowing orgasm. Here are 3 of the best techniques to help stimulate your clitoris both by yourself and with a partner.

1. The Self-Massaging Technique

If you’re new to masturbation, self-massaging is the perfect way to familiarize yourself with your body and help you achieve a more pleasurable experience. The best way to start is by moistening fingers with lube and massaging your clitoris gently with 1 or 2 fingers.

If vaginal dryness is keeping you from enjoying your experience, it’s helpful to invest in a quality lubricant. At K-Y, our line of soft and silky lubricants considers both your pleasure and can help ease vaginal dryness and discomfort. Try out different lube types to get a feel of what you like best and always read and follow the product label. As you massage your clit, you’ll also find a desirable rhythm that will satisfy you the most.

2. Using a Vibrator

Sex toys are a great way to help you stimulate your clitoris without putting in much effort. Given the different types of vibrators each built with various speeds and tempos, you’re sure to find the perfect toy for maximum clitoris pleasure.

The best part about vibrators and other sex toys is that you can use them for solo masturbation or as a method of foreplay with your partner.
This is especially helpful for couples in the process of rebuilding intimacy.

3. Adding Props and Changing Position

If you’re looking to spice things up in the bedroom, there are various different props and positions you can add to your masturbation repertoire to enhance pleasure. If you normally masturbate while laying on your back, try flipping over onto your stomach and adding a pillow under your hips to help move you into a position to easily massage your clitoris.